Monday, February 7, 2011

Happy Birthday, Monster! Gaga forever - Born this Way!

Happy Birthday to me! I decided to give myself a blog. I've wanted to make one for years and came close witha  couple of choice rants, but I am pleased to start with a glorious occasion to commemorate - my birthday, yes, but in just six days Gaga will perfom her new song. Born This Way, at the Grammys.
I am not being daring at all to say that this event will change the world: Lady Gaga brings us more and more divine inspiration with everything she does. She has already changed the world so much but there is a ways to go to reach a new era and Gaga's new album will be a huge step.
I truly do not think I can overestimate the significance of Gaga. Other little monsters may beleive how I feel for her, they may know what she means to me because she means that to them, too. Other people who aren't little monsters, or aren't yet, might be able to undestand that she has changed my world but doubt the will "change the world" but I hope this blog will convince them otherwise and help reach shared understanding.
Gaga is everything to me. I mean, I have a life "besides" her which I love, but she is special. All my life I have dreamed of changing the world. Sensing the strife we live with and the idea that inspiration was the cure for it, I hoped to one day be someone whose creative work improved people's lives, even saved the world. Now, sometimes when someone fulfills a less fantastic dream I have before me, I am jealous. But when Gaga arrived she fulfilled my Most Fantastic dream, and I love her for it, I am not jealous at all. If anything, I am so encouraged and inspired by her that I am twice as likely as ever before to make the most of my creativity.
I love to talk about her and her influence and there is much to be said for her work up to this point, but I am so excited about the new album I want to start by sharing why I am so eager. Gaga has been there as the artistic symbol for important messages for social change, most notably recently as a significant force for repealing Don't Ask, Don't Tell with her proud and tireless efforts. I truly think she is bringing the world together in  a way I have always dreamed of so if I can glorify her for it appopriately I can share my dream for humanity at the same time. When I say she is bringing the world together, I do mean bringing peace between people and understanding so we live together better, but I also mean brining the inner and outer world together. I have much to say about this as well, it is the basis of my belief in magic, because I have been focused on it all my life, it seems. I have always felt that we, as people, are flawed when we do not feel at one with the world, that there is a way to re-align with the world and a harmonious graceful existance possible that way, and that a person could be the inspiration and guide to help us transform, overcome our seperation, and exemplify harmonious, ferocious, passionate living. I hoped to be that person myself, and still hope to be that person for some people, but I must acknowledge that Gaga is that person for the whole world. She is a champion of the things I beleive will literally save the world; love, expression, and bold sexuality, for example, and i look forward to going into detail about these, but the new song, Born This Way, is foremost a celebration of diversity and it is this message that is so wonderfully important to me, and the world, right now.
I know some might read this and think that Gaga's new song is not the World Event I describe. I pesonally am focused on Egypt now as the success of nonviolent revolution points the way to peace in the future. This is extremely important, yet I have no reservations seeing everything through Gaga-glasses. And here is my first attempt to describe what I call magic, the reunification of Self with the World - Gaga's song is about diversity and diverstiy will be a hallmark of the new Egyptian society. So many elements there have been repressed and as they find expression again the culture will be enriched. When all people finally have expression in the government, it will be enriched as well. I think it is funny to hear people in America express surprise that christians and muslims are working together in Egypt to oppose the oppressive regime. It just shows how much we have accepted ideas of seperation. That seperation is the tool of oppressors, because look what happens when people get together and realize we are not that different and have similar hopes and concerns - they become powerful. So many of us feel powerless, so many of us have been so afflicted by lies that we are seperate "kinds" of people that we have no community, no "family" even sometimes. The great thing about Gaga is the acceptance she gives, encouraging people to revel in what "others" may think is "freakish". I love her for this and will go on and on about the importance of it - but for now let me just say that in celebrating diversity is the path to freedom for all people. The protests in Egypt are such a liberating Party, but I want to give credit to Gaga for the Monster Ball, because her celebration of diverstiy is on the level of Carnivale or Heaven. While the rest of us are still struggling with religious and sexual identity, Gaga already presumes equality of people in different lifestyles and is welcoming people to overcome even more subtle forms of seperation. She is so far "ahead of her time" that we have to evolve faster to keep up. In fact, she is right on time, in the moment, which is why she threatens to destroy the stagnant systems of the past. Thank Gaga. It is far past time for them to go. And "coincidentally" at the same time that peaceful revolutions are in season, Gaga is releasing Born This Way, a anthem of diversity and empowerment of natural rights. The region will become more diverse and powerful with people's rights respected, and maybe there will even be a significant development on Thursday, the day she first performs the song at the Grammy's. When talking about such divine power, I actually expect it.
When I say she will bring us into a new era, I mean this in the fullest sense. It wont be only one area of human culture that is effected, like a political shift. It will include that, but will be so much more. I fully envision a society with no war, no poverty or disease, no money, even. I am a huge fan of Oz, the fairyland described in L. Frank Baum's books, and beleive it is a realizable utopia. The world as we know it is changing rapidly and dramatically online, for instance, and Gaga is the Queen of Facebook and Twitter for a reason: while connectivity "threatens" certain business models, Gaga represents the new way of "commerce". The music industry has been hard-hit by file-sharing, they tell us, and some bands have gotten angry about their music being shared. I follow the Grateful Dead philosophy of sharing music so I am a little insensitive to rich bands complaining about this. I may be insensitive to rich people in general, but then Gaga made millions last year. She is doing so much good, she certainly deserves it, but the reason I bring this up is that she does something new: she asks nicely. She is already the most downloaded person, there is a huge potential for her new music to leak out and be shared on the internet. She has asked her fans not to leak it, not to watch it until she releases it. I have waited to hear them, repsecting her wishes, and I am so happy that I will get to hear Born This Way with "everyone" else for the first time, at the same time. She did release text of the lyrics last week and I read them and am super-impressed and excited. But I feel like her songs are like Christmas presents in my Nana and Grandaddy's closet - I know they are there but wont peek in the wrapping, it makes waiting and the moment of revelation that much sweeter and more powerful. But I thought to do this because she asked nicely, out of love for her I respect her wishes and share her love for her music in that way. I think this will be the basic example for all business in the future, providing goods and services with love and recieving love in return. People will "compete" to do good for each other and with an abundance of good there will be no need to have money, it would be petty, like counting at the waterfountain if there were enough waterfountains for everyone. Gaga is certainly giving her fans an abundance of good. It is this outpouring from the divine source that takes us beyond our limitations when we follow Gaga by paying attention to her and accepting the truths she expresses, or literally following her by expressing our own creativity or emulating her, or as devotees/lovers. We are all her little monsters however far we take it, and this is the essential thing about Gaga, her love for us, all of us, but starting with the "freaks" who may not have the sense of community or family that "normal" people have. This is why we are proud that she made us her little monsters, proud to be her little ones and have that unconditional love from her, and proud of our own Monster natures now that we have a mom who loves us for them. This sense of family is what makes me cringe when people say they dismiss Gaga beacuse she is mainstream. Firstly, her huge audience is still mostly "freaks", so it goes to show how un-inclusive our society is that there are so many of us-  shows how bad we need her. And secondly it shows they are reacting to the fatc that she made so much money, when the money is so insignificant compared to the Love she recieved - it shows that millions of dollars are really Nothing, compared to Love. Billionaires these days are giving all their money to charity - I think we are on the verge of Utopia and everyone being taken care of, but we really needed Gaga to show us a glimpse of the abundance of the new era that is arriving, and remind us what is really valuable, Love.
And this is what I will always be talking about here, Gaga Love. I don't have to decribe it, even if you have not heard her love in her music, and especially if you have, you will hear it if you watch her interviews. She is genuine in her love for her audience, her fans, her monsters. It is such an amazing love, and one that we share with each other instantly. I think this Love is so important and she is exploring and exposing so many new levels of it, I will be talking about it until we do have amazing transformations and it is commonplace. Part of this love is The Fame, the phenomenon of celebrity in which she is joined with fans, in which our collective consciousness creates a Heaven, Station, or Buddhafield. I will talk more about it in the future, but now I am fluttery with anticipation of the new album. The Fame is fully in place, and Born this Way will open a new direction, a new wing in this Haus of Gaga Love. I hope to chronicle this love as it transforms the world.
Thanks for reading my first blog post ever - that is a nice birthday present that keeps on giving. I wrote a song for Gaga, titled "Savior Mom (Lady Gaga)" and I have been posting it on my facebook friends pages on their birthdays, because it is about being "born" as a monster, to Momma Monster Lady Gaga.
Here it is, I hope you like it. And "Happy Birthday, Monster!!!"  Gaga forever!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxAgloeSF64

No comments:

Post a Comment