Saturday, February 12, 2011

Born This Way, Gagablog 6

I missed the celebration of the release of Born this Way yesterday - my brother took me skiing for my birthday and it was fantastic. We went up to Winter Park and Mary Jane here in Colorado and it was a beautiful day, with snow all over the trees so thick some of them looked like frosted miniwheats and others like they had huge marshmallows on them. The sky was mostly clear and sunny and the mountains were spectacular, and it was a little cold sometimes and I had to warm my fingers - but we had so much fun it was worth it and even missing the release of Born This Way! I am most excited about seeing her play it at the Grammy's tomorrow, anyway.
So I was predicting that she would have a message for Egypt in her performance and help turn the tide. When I thought, in Gagablog 4, that Mubarak was about to resign, I was pleased even if it was not the timetable I expected (well, it was a sham resignation but corresponded to the day I thought the Grammy's were on, Thursday). Anyway, when I was at the ski rental store yesterday and got a text that Mubarak had resigned and the army had taken over Egypt - which I think is surely the best for security now and hopefully for the most opportunity for improvement in the future - well, I was very pleased, haven taken my mind off all those concerns which I kept up with from home via the internet while I was off in the beautiful and dangerous mountains for fun and excitement. So that was great news, of course, and I had so much fun skiing for 6 hours and was so worn out when I got back, having woken before 7 AM, that when I got home I celebrated in solidarity with the people of Egypt and was so tired I forgot all about Born This Way! I mean, I remembered that it was "ironic" that She released Born This Way on the same day Mubarak resigned, and a big party ensued in Egypt for their freedom and amongst little monsters worldwide for "ours" - for freedom in general. But I'm so excited for seeing Her on the Grammy's, I forgot I could hear the song Born This Way, Yesterday - after all this wait and excitement!
So, while sometimes I would want go ahead and wait to get the full effect when she performs it tomorrow, today I just could not resist any longer and I listened to it, just as I could not resist and read the lyrics when she released them - it is a wonderful song, perfect for the time, as is always the case with Gaga's music. I have so much to say about it, but let me "save" that for later and finish my points about the Timing of the release of Born This Way and what it means to me magically. I really think we are reaching a new phase of harmony, that the world is becoming aligned with "itself" and with our hearts, and that Gaga is the messenger of this. This is what I have always felt is the greatest kind of magic, the kind that brings everything together, things that are seperated by illusions and also different levels of meaning.
I know that some of these ideas will seem ludicrous in a way, but my words can be understood as following a magical thread. I know there are many forces at work for the liberation of the people of Egypt, and that amongst them Gaga's music could seem a mere fluttering of wings for practical purposes - but magically there is so much going on - more and more the greater our awareness becomes. Gaga does have an influence over much of the world, this much is undeniable. I may be the Only One drawing a connection between Born This Way and Egypt, for instance, but I am doing so because I think it is the perfect illustration of what I like to say about magic. In a way, connections and analogies can be drawn between anything but there is a certain direction of inspiration that to me is divine and draws all things together. I think all creative work participates in this drawing together, but the work that allows the most inspiration to come through has a special quality. This kind of work does not only make great analogies for comparing other things and bringing people together with consideration, it actually changes the world enough to "self-fulfill" prophecy. The greatest messages reveal to us more of the future which we will have all moved closer to the divine and really and act on the connections we now mostly just glimpse. The host of NOVA was making an analogy between aliens, humans and animals the other night, saying we think the smartest animals have the intelligence of human children according to our ability to communicate, but that an alien life who had trouble putting things simply enough for us to understand would think our smartest humans to be like their children. I think the implication is not only that there are varying levels of intelligence we may or may not understand, but also that communication could be a puzzle that we only have one piece of. Gaga has brought us a great message, a number of them, in fact. The impact she has by making a family of little monsters and grabbing the world's attention is amazing and there is someting else, too: the connection to the divine at the heart of everyone, a line we often feel to be danglng at the end of or somewhere far along, we now feel beating stronger and pulling us in - it is like someone has become the heart itself for us and we can hold tightly to Her and She will draw in into Love. Gaga is doing this for us now, giving us the style to draw our eye, the attitude to open our ears and the beat to feel and move to, and the messages to guide us along. She is following a divine path of Love and she is far along it, running ahead and calling us forward, and leaving us a songtrail to follow. I think it is very timely that Born This Way came out on the same day as a new Egypt is born - Gaga may never have had any such intention, indeed she could not have planned it, but it reveals the kind of magic I love, aligning the world with the heart, allowing great Gaga Love to be felt. Because there is so much love in the world, it is everywhere. With such an abundance of love, how do so many people miss it? It is a tragedy of this misalignment, but when we become harmonious in the world we will feel the love that is everywhere. Gaga, for breaking down some of those divisions that keep us twisted, brings us together with Love. When we resond to it, we feel the love she is pulling us in with and the Love she is pooling us into. And it cant happen completely in a broken world, where people suffer from sickness and poverty and oppression. All of these things will be resolved together as we realign the world with the heart.
Thanks, Gaga - we were Born This Way! 

No comments:

Post a Comment