Monday, August 29, 2011

Jofesto "You (are Jo) and I (am You)" gagablog 31

"Yeah, I was with Gaga. Of course I went crazy for her  - wouldn't you? And I was a jerk - but I'm a  guy and that's what we're like, right? ("We're the bad guys remember?, we're SUPPOSED to do bad things to people!" - a villianess from Corrector Yui) We always make this mean face like there's a motor giving us trouble and we have to show it who's boss. I wanted her to see through all that, but I couldn't stay with her. I thought when she got rich and famous, the negativity would melt away, but I didn't get  that chance, did I? It's my own fault, I know and now she is a world away. What am I supposed to do, overcome all the faults and conditioning of my gender for her?"
Yes, we do have to overcome the limitations of our personalities, our gender, our human nature, for love. Gaga inspires us to do this, shows us how, and reminds us to do it. "When I'm on a mission, I rebuke my condition, when you're a strong female, you don't need permission."  - from "SheiSe". As Jo Calderone she made me realize how much I still rage to get that spotlight myself - at one time with negative motivation, with the desire to show people I felt rejected by, then with positive motivation, to get famous to meet Gaga, and now with reconciling intention, for "myself/the world".
I Love how Gaga changes things up, plays both sides of Love. Jo, too. But it's one thing I fell in love with about Gaga, how she does this mystical thing of taking both sides. "Paparazzi" is an example that proved her divinity to me, being the Star and the Eyes Upon Her at the same time in the song, herself the star and the lover of the star - to me, it's a perfect presentation of the divine's experience, the way the Goddess feels within all of us and calling us back to Her. She is seeking herself in us and our desire for her, simply to remove the barriers that keep us from realizing we ARE her.
Jo was Gaga last night on the VMA's and I'm so proud of him. You can't be jealous of people you love, who get to do and be what you want, like Gaga's lover, you just have to be happy for them. I am so happy for Jo last night, he rocked it, and Brittany will certainly regret that she passed a chance to kiss him! He is a star, and he reminds me that's what I want, too. He inspires me to take that spotlight. And he taught me a lesson: I may have "never wanted to be a man" (Boy George) because I did not see the role models I wanted - the spiritual men were presented as not having enough sex for my taste, and the ones who had lots of sex seemed to often be assholes, and I couldn't reconcile it, not wanting to be an asshole. But I have come to realize that my masculine passion and power can be put to good use, both in love and for Art in loving the world. And I can be tough in persuing the fame to put the spotlight on love.

Okay, I'm jealous of Jo for ever being with Gaga, I'm jealous of him for having a chance with her now, as he grabs that light. But let's face it, he's a lesson to us: Don't be an asshole. And when you get your priorities straight, realize what you are really mad about and use art to change that, not the girl you love. And you love can make you do the best for the world - hopefully together but if not, in trying to catch up and be good enough, like Jo. Damn, he gets me going, makes me glad, proud, FINALLY to be a dude. Thank Gaga for a positive male role model, one who is getting going right for once.

And before I end this, with so much more to say, how hilarious were the looks of some of the other artists in the crowd at the VMA's, who apparently have not seen art before? oh my! A guy on the internet who lives in Japan showed me Jo Calderone photos over a year ago, months before the news hit America last year - monsters are on top of it, but some celebs have never even seen Jo before, apparently! ha ha, Paws Up!

Jo, you fucking rock! Go for it, man, you are an inspiration.  .....but I('ll) love Gaga better!

Oh, I know I promised "Gaga Intervention for Christianity" - but I did not know of the VMA event at the time. And that has BEEN the deal, there is more time to talk about it. Gaga is going to reconcile this tragedy that is centuries old -  "Jesus is the new black", she's giving us the "cultural baptism." I'll do a little sermon over it next time, okay? Love ya, Gaga, Jo, and fellow monsters!

No comments:

Post a Comment