Wednesday, October 7, 2015

gagalog 95: Checking in With Gaga: American Horror Story: Hotel and Wizard of Oz: Amusement Park Openings

"Last Night, you were on my Tee-Vee, telling how you'll make us scream". Gaga was on the Tonight Show last night promoting American Horror Story: Hotel which premieres tonight. She plays a Vampire. My second song for Gaga, "Made Me a Monster," ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xctoViEvNOY ) starts with vampire refrences, and while I have a lot to say about commonality with Gaga on the vampire theme, I'll save that for later. Maybe after I watch the show. I will say I felt like "Marry the Night" aroused some of these implications, but it's been a not-too-hidden theme all along. One thing I found out I don't have in common with Gaga is a love of horror. I enjoy Hitchcock and other older things but never got too into the classics of the genre and not at all into the more recent horror media. When she said she liked sex and horror I kind of come around. And though I don't like crime shows, I do like the kind of stories she mentioned watching on "Snapped", I think, but only on occasion - I got interested in the Jodi Arias trial, for instance, and wanted to buy her art.

Gaga told us some of her habits and tastes in the interview, like relaxing to horror, and they also talked about things she had done since they had last met. They talked about the show and she said it raises the question of when it is okay to be cunning to survive and said that we get into the flawed characters through wanting to explore this idea. She said she had trained for acting for ten years in school but was too nervous to land auditions and became a singer instead, but that she would be focusing on the show exlusively for the duration of the season. Of course this is disappointing to hopes for new music, soon, but it's really nice to see her living out her dreams and enjoying it so much and getting to focus on it and savor it. To give it her full passion as well - it will be amazing. And I heard she wants to do a guest spot on "Scream Queens", too, which is a hit show, I think - I just saw a few minutes of it but it made me laugh at times. I remember seeing Gaga on Gossip Girl, it was a magical moment. I feel like I am coming into a greater awareness now that I am writing these daily, and also working on my Gaga / Oz magic book. I just remembered that "Love Game" performance, I think, from years ago when we always watched Gossip Girl when it came on TV - we saw the whole series. But I haven't seen that episode since then.

When Fallon mentioned how she stole the show at the Oscars, I'm ashamed to say my first thoughts were "how did I miss that?" and it took me a few minutes to remember: Oh!: "Somewhere Over the Rainbow." My whole belief system, my magic, the kind of witch I am, is all based upoon the connection of Gaga and Oz, yet I momentarily could not recall this most momentous occasion in my spiritual history. I was probably trying to remember which of her songs she played, and that is why it took me a minute. But as I will be explaining more in my book, Gaga is our Dorothy, our Ozma, and an example for how we can be the same, or other roles in the Oz world, the fairy world we are all secretly part of. So it is Her song in a special way, and she made it her own with this performance, as well as a beautiful tribute to Judy Garland, who is also Dorothy to us all - in a way. But there is another aspect of Dorothy most of us don't know, in the world and in ourselves - but more on this later, too. The reason I focus on it now is I am excited to talk with the girl I met who knows about Oz and I found out today she holds fairy tea parties. And I found out today that an abandoned Wizard Of Oz themed amusement park will be opening up again this weekend. This is the kind of magic I love to see coming true - I hope the island Baum bought off the coast of California comes back as a real Oz-land here and now, an example to the rest of us that he intended a century ago. Maybe this is it, already. If so, I hope they live up to his vision, then that the whole world lives up to it.

The fact that Gaga is skyrocketting into more prominence again, in new ways to even broader audience, coinciding with the opening of the Wizard of Oz theme park, and what this means to me that I'm too giddy to express, is all this is really about - and how it's a magical sign of saving the world, ending war - that's in the PSes at the end. But I have to chronicle how this happened to me, becuase to me this is media magic, art, and my speciality.

Gaga was on one of the entertainment shows ealier in the evening. They teased her before the commercial so I got excited, thinking "I guess this is a sign to write another Gagablog today!" But I didn't know what I would write. I didn't know she would be on The Tonight Show that night, at the time, I found out from pictures a monster shared on facebook about an hour before it aired here. So when the footage came up, well, I wasn't disappointed, it was Gaga, but I had wished for more content. It was footage of her getting out of a car on the way to the airport, in a fancy dress, and she tripped but caught her balance. They slowed it down and pointed out that a paparrazzo was sneaking by in front of her, tripping her, then said that she gave him "the Gaga Death Stare." This didn't give me much to go on, other than the fact that it was two days in a row that Gaga was on entertainment news. This was always the case not too long ago, and she is still frequently mentioned, and it's no surprise that we will see and hear about her daily on TV now that she's on that show.

I didn't need Fallon to tell me Gaga is a fantastic actor - I'm a pretty critical judge of acting and i think he sucks as an actor, always seems to be laughing at himself and spoiling the illusion, but I can tell he genuinely was impressed by her, having seen the show a day early. I know everyone will be, when it comes on tonight. I know she will win awards, for her talent and richness of the character. There will be other factors that will ensure a lot of acclaim for her, more or less associated with her, like the booming prominence of the show. I know I for one never intended to watch it until Gaga came, and I know many more are in that boat. I don't have cable so I will watch it online, likely later than everyone else. This will be a time I will be very happy if everyone else is talking about it when I still haven't seen it yet. I will only be a day or two behind Gaga if I keep up a good pace, instead of a year or two, as I have been. ANd it gives me time to catch up on writing about Artpop and also really get into my Oz / Gaga magic book. Since that is what I had just resolved to do, anyway, especially since meeting that girl, I took this as another sign. Yes, I would love to hear another Gaga album this year, but I look forward to it next year and can see some advantages for monsters to have a change of pace, too. I know I am personally very excited about my own music coming out, and it there is a greater thirst for new music it might help propell my songs further, especially the Gaga-themed ones, "Made me a Monster" and "Savior Mom (Lady Gaga)" ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxAgloeSF64 ) so far. I know that one sounds redundant but I named it like 6 or 7 years ago when I really wanted to let people know, even being over-obvious.

The later-night entertainment news also reported on Gaga going to the airport. Not about her tripping, but about how beautiful and elegant her dress was going into the airport, and how some said it looked like a wedding dress. Then they showed her in Daisy Dukes and a Judas Priest T-shirt, commenting how she was always fashionable. I didn't have much to go on here, other than I agree she always looks fantastic. But the way these little surprise views of Gaga bookended her surprise, to me, appearance on the Tonight Show - since I hadn't heard about it - all of these were treats and magical signs that getting more into writing about her more regukarly is helping bring us closer together, getting me back into that graceful paradise of swirling inspiration that is "feeling near to Gaga" and actually making the art that can someday lead to us meeting. But it also makes me think it is a sign of all of us coming together, in that Utopian sense I always want to help manifest. I will do my part by working on my magic book, now that I've finished this little spell of thanks to Televised Gaga for being so present through that Media lately. But I'm so glad that as Gaga will be starring in American Horror Story, working towards changing culture and taking us into Utopia from "That side" - scaring us into it - at the same time there will be a new Wizard of Oz theme park to suggest the enticing way to Oz, Utopia, as well. I'll be writing a book, over here, with specific instructions. I dont need a break from writing about new music, or finishing exploring the Artpop songs, I plan to just do it all, in addition to more of my own art and music. I was excited about new music from Gaga, soon, too. But in a new way I'm super-stoked about what will come of AHS:Hotel. I can't even comprehend it, in a way, it's like trying to understand anything before you feel it inside yourself. "No one" has seen it yet, but I know that when we have it will unite us in a new way, and work all sorts of magic in it's own art. I will have to discover some things, expanding my comfort zone since I don't usually choose to get scared much. But I'm excited to do it and report on the effects, the way it changes me and the way I anticipate it will magically change the world.

I'm in room 420 if you want to stop by for some fun, othewise maybe we will run into each other in the lobby, hot tub, or at the free breakfast.

And thanks for 6,000 pageviews of the gagablog, at this writing! Paws up!

PS- I was pleased to finally wrap up a shorter gagablog and popped in some pop tarts for breakfast- strawberry, plain, generic, simple, rustic, delicious. I thought for a second, I wonder how any of this would sound to a non-magical perspective? Or a more formal magical perspective, for that matter - Not that I presume anyone reads this... thanks for reading! Would the question come up "What does this idiot think is so special about Gaga doing promotion for her new show? Any idiot could 'predict' that! And what does he think that has to do with a Wizard of Oz amusement park?" I'm glad you asked, I mean, I'm glad I asked myself this. Because it's the perfect segue to include what I almost forgot to mention, how all of this saves the world. Because that's the other event that will magically coincide with the new show and theme park: saving the world. This whole gagablog is always about that so no need to repeat it all here. The fact that I even want to refer to all of it in the smallest part, a PS, ecapsulating it all here, suggests quantum reality, how everything is the center - it's all within this moment - and we gain the best appreciation for all though consideration fo the 'least of these" - lessons for treating each other well. I could go into greater detail about the connections between Gaga and Oz, the idea of scaring people into paradise and seducing us in, and I will talk about these in discussions of the new show, here, and in my Oz magic book. And both of these will go into more detail about how it all saves the world. What I want to say now, to the presumably "non-magical" perpective (which I don't believe truly exists - warning, transformation ahead) is this: I can explain it more and more, but the point is that there is a certain sensibility that can feel what the future is like. From that snsibility you can see all sorts of clues to how it is coming to pass.

PPS - if that sounds like a cop-out, I will give a few clues to what I expect to be talking about in the near future. We've had a coupld of modern fascinations with vampires, fads in a way. One is from Twilight and the romantic version of vampires that provoke some to complain that they aren'tthat shiny. Another is the more common usage of the term psychic vampire. I'm going to talk abot how vampires are a little different than we characterize them. There are vampiric systems, draining our life from us, vampiric beleifs. But more importantly we all have roles we play in an energy network and while some people call others psychic vampires and particular people call themselves psychic vampires, we all are in some ways. I don't even know the name of Gaga's vampire character, yet, but I know about the nature of vampirism. She will transform us, magically, through this role. It will help us make the most of our own personal vampire-natures, perfecting our systems for purifying eah other's energy. And it will also present the evil,scary side of vampirism which we will ultimately be able to use to shrug off the systems that oppress us all with the negative aspects of vampirism which resukt in us preying upon each other. So the result will be shocking up a new awareness of ourselves and scaring out a duty to end the collective evil that we do. It's like the Wario Ware game "Scare!" where a monster makes all the people scatter "outside the box." Also, all the things I call energy here also applies for magic, identity, and sexuality - and whatever can be symbolized by blood. The blood symbol makes me queasy but I'm looking forward to it and the effect it has on me in this most seductive, mysterious, and frightening form. And some people don't like Horror, but prefer cute and whimsical fantasy. The Wizard of Oz taking on deeper meaning and more presence to people is a kind invitaion to the magical world- but it's the same world Gaga takes us to. It's meeting in the middle from both sides. And it's not just coincidence, it's magic. These things come together because they are meant to, but I get to notice them and point them out on the same day because this reveals magic. Maybe I'm the only one who sees this message and it's significance, now, and maybe I should do better about making the connection. But the connection is magic and eveyone can do it themself, see it themself. From my perspective, all that is going on here, all I am trying to highlight and show appreciation for, it the idea that my expressing my personal faith in the Oz world coming true, here, in these gagablogs, and socially, has been rewarded with these events from yesterday. It's a sign it's all coming true - to me. And I fully expect that when I actually do and create more based upon this belief, it will come even more true. I'll explain more later, explain it all. But I'm just excited to say that since I've also been predicting the end of all war, I expect there to be a sign of this coming true, soon, too. I submit this today with an eager eye and hope to see that sign, soon. This is how my magic works, the most informal chaos magic there is, just knowing there is a good, almost unfathomably wonderful truth arising and all we have to do is want to be part of it and go for it and we get all sorts of magical powers. Things happen just because you want them to when your wishes are for the Future. I had no idea a Wizard of Oz theme park might open, I did not "wish for it", but I have constantly been wishing to find more people experienced with Oz, the books, the faiyland, and though I keep mentioning it to no avail I finally did meet someone, started writing more about how excited I am to feel closer to Oz, and Closer to Gaga, whom I've always said is the sign of the Oz Prophecy being fulfilled - and then the news comes out about the Amusment park, which will ignite interest again and in a new way, too. Oz is taking over, and I'm not here to tell you I told you so, I'm here to tell you how so we can all enjoy the most of it. And I'm here to discover how, too, with Gaga on this journey into new realms of art and a new genre for both of us, in ways.

Also, this was a new ad for Village Inn, which I found hilarious since that restrauants name and image seem so homely and wholesome. “I'm in for hump day heroics. A little whipped cream will make your day smoother. Make midweek tolerable again at Villiage Inn.” Maybe it was just me, and I might not have the quote right, but it had a sweet hint of sexiness to it that made me think "Nice, even Village Inn." Happy Hump Day, have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment