Saturday, April 30, 2011

Gagafesto "Gaga Love, fun fun Fun!", gagablog 21

I have said many serious things about Gaga in my Gagafesto and she deserves it and I appresicate her serious and mystical elements. I could and probably will go on and on about "meaning" but of course Gaga is not so serious. Or, as serious as she is, revealing deep secrets and growing the world in a masterful way, she is even more fun.
And this is one of the great things that is hard to describe, but easily felt. For anyone who loves Gaga, my ramblings could be annoying but they might smile at them, because this gagablog is one way I show my love for her, and she inspires so much love, of different types, that I think other little monsters have a lot to say about her too and can understand me for it. My point, however, is that she is so cool and so much fun that no amount of nerdiness or seriousness can "spoil it". I appreciate that Gaga is so amazing to inspire all sorts of ideas and that she herself is a nerd and outkast and brings us all together, recently saying she still feels like a loser at times and relies on the love of her fans. I think this speaks to the wonderful, direct love that Gaga gives and everymonster feels. She brings us together and helps us realize we are not alone and she gets the same love and support from each other. To me, love and fun are abundant and the evils of the world are from society hiding and repressing them, so the people who make them abundant again are keys to life. I go on and on about what can be wrong with the world, in personal relationships and world events, and I love Gaga for being so complex to address these issues, but it is all within the context of Love, which overcomes all difficulties, personal and social.
I wonder if the magic I seek, the personal transformation I suspect I can make in myself that will have an accord with a transformation of the world, is a change of focus. I love talking about Gaga and all this serious shit, but my real message is that Love overcomes all of these things. Love itself is complex and can inspire a lot of serious ideas, but it is also fun. It is obvious that Gaga is fun, everymonster feels it, and maybe not as obvious what complex implications she has, so I like to talk about it, but maybe I will do better when I transform. Maybe instead of saying "hey everyone, here are some lessons about love, lets learn them!" over and over, I learn the lessons myself and get better, more in love, then I will be that transforming power I anticipate.
When Gaga brings us together, we may initilly appreciate each other for our common interest in her and other commonalities in ourselves related to that. But we come to love and appreciate each other as individuals, and for what we do. And we have fun together. Partying and concerts in general can be so much fun and the Monster Ball seems to be some of the most fun you can have. The reason for this has everything to do with Gaga and her musical and artistic genius, but also shows the power of love. She put so much of her earnings into making an amazing show for her fans, an experience like no other. And bringing so many people together does so much for us monsters, personally, but can also do wonderful things in the world. All her charity and activism work shows this, but I think the larger effect will be the "cultural baptism" she refers to. The critical mass of monster gathered together in Love will do so much good for the world, and the fun we have is both a reward for and means of doing thins good. This is the prize of love, the tranforming gem that allows everything, even our loneliness, to become beautiful when we come together, and we can renew ourselves and the world with this harmony, and it will be fun.
I was defending buying some Gaga mechandise yesterday that might "make me look gay" then I heard a great story on the radio later. It was about the "Rock against Racism" movement in the UK that started with a concert and march in 1978. I want to mention it because it relates directly to what I wanted to say about Gaga, that she brings us together with fun to do good things in the world and ourselves. And they made the point, in an interview with a musician/organizer from the 78 event, that one of their points was that they had better music. As it always has, music was a form for multiculturalism, and maybe especially at that time with social conflict of racist conservatives and the emerging musical styles. We still have the same issues of racism and homophobia to address, and Gaga is leading the concert and march against them in this era. I love her for this and wanted to mention something someone said in the radio program. He had marched to the concert and there was a performer who played a song with a name like "It's So Great to Be Gay" and he said that when the line about kissing another man came up, all the men around him kissed each other. He said he had not known gay people and had always felt like different in his community for not being racist so he was proud to be with so many thousands of people at the march. But he was surprised by everyone kissing and turned around and saw that he had been marching, and arrived at the concert, in front of a banner for gay pride. He said he wondered "why are there gay people here? I thought this was about racism." Then he said he realized, in that moment, that it was about the rights of all people who are oppressed for being different. And he said that he decided then that he wanted to be with the different people.
While it is true that many advancements in Civil Rights were achieved in the past generations, there is much that still needs to be done. It is not like we are past racism in America, it is still a terrible problem, despite many improvements, we have a lot we need to do. And it seems a shame that homophobia is still so strong in America and that gay rights are the current forefront of civil rights. It makes me sad when I think about what that man said, that he realized in an instant that it was about standing and partying with the "different" people, and while in many ways racism became more socially unacceptable after the Civil Rghts movement, it is only 40 years later that homophobia is becoming socially unacceptable, and it is a corner we are turning with a lot of resistance from fearful people.
Love and fun are a means of overcoming this fear, of overcoming the fear instilled by a society that has too much repression of love that it seems rare, and overcoming fear of loneliness by finding others like you, and even realizing hwo much you are like other people you previously considered "different" before you came together. I love Gaga so much for providing this love and fun in the world.
And I think that it is silly to wring my hands about what could have been done in the past or what anyone else needs to do, when I can accept and feel this love and act on it. In this way, I can be a source for showing people more love as well, bringing more people together, and become a living source for Love as well as a messenger for it. Gaga is both, to me, and shows me this beautiful way in the world that makes everything wonderful. Even the sadness in the past becomes a source for beauty and love in the future, and in the moment.      

No comments:

Post a Comment