Sunday, August 19, 2018

Oz Magic: Synchro 2 - Perfect Synchro, gagablog 158

I have 45 minutes to write before work, when i thought I had two hours, earlier, and didn't think it would be enough, I was going to write this anyway, just try to be better and faster at it, which is something I need to do. Since I wrote the last gagablog about Synchronicity there were a few more events that I wanted to include. I also never felt like I said what I was really trying to say - maybe this quicker version will make the point better, or at least set me up to make the case later.

The first thing I noticed was a song on the radio later on the day I posted the last gagablog, Friday, (no Wednesday) I think. It was a song I'd never heard of, something like Jesus is a Lovely Gravedigger or Jesus dig my Grave or something. They were interviewing Todd of Big Head Todd and the Monsters and he said he used the music from that old song for one of his new songs - and he got the name wrong and corrected himself, but the name was weird so it stood out, to me. Then later that night, on a different station, I heard a version of the actual song, as far as I could tell from the lyrics. I guess the fastest way to say it, now, is that the point I am trying to make about synchronicity, that it is a taste of the magic of the future, trying to turn us on to itself, is that Jesus is in on it.

There were some fish references that accentuated this, Fish retiring on Barney Miller later that night then another Fish-centered epsiode, and others I can't recall right now.

The next day, Thursday, I had off work and was at the mall pondering that I should go ahead and write this. Lady Gaga came on the mall stereo, "Edge of Glory" which I interpreted, knowing somehow I was taking it wrong, to mean I should write it, that day. But within minutes I got a call that a friend at work could not go in, could I work for him to save his job? So I didn't write it, I went in to work.

Yesterday on the radio there were a number of things I wanted to mention regarding "Synchro" and explain more of what I mean. We usually apply this to similar events happening simultaneously and while I mentioned some "examples" last time I realized most of them were "I was listening to the radio and this stood out because it was about Gaga / Oz" and not "this happened at the same time as this." The reason I mention these is because I happened to turn on the radio, listen to it, at the time to hear those references - thats most of what we would typically call "synchronicity" just that I happened to hear it, not even that it corresponded to something else going on or that I was thinking about - except that it reminded me of something I'm always thinking about, this connection to the future, the magical world, and how to persue it.

So the things on the radio that continued this type of "synchronization"  - of pulling me further to a goal, closer to the message I want to convey - we confirmations that by writing these, following these leads, I'm getting closer to the Message: Here are some examples so I don't forget to write about them: an interview with Aretha Franklin, "who died last Thursday" as they say on NPR, a TED Talk with Steven Pinker, who wrote a book about Progress, the death of Kofi Anan - who called himself "an obstinate optimist," a program about Superheroes that included asking folks if they would rather have the ability to fly or turn invisible and another segment about a girl who decided to become a superhero, following dreams she had, and an interview with a girl who grew up in a missile test facility and has written a book The Girl's guide to Missiles. All of these things  - and more I'm not recalling to include, now - connected to aspects of what I'm talking about and I don't have time to explore any of them, now, I just wanted to mention them and maybe come back to them next time.

Also the Pope came out against the Death Penalty the day after I revived a recent campaign I started to #endthedeathpenaltynow so if Trump folks get charged for treason they can at least avoid execution, most surely, by ending all execution for anyone. And Trump did some things, i could talk about how they relate but I REALLY don't have time for that, now - although I should mention that yesterday evening on BBC "Trending" they did a piece on QAnon (sp?) which I really only know from radio reporting and a screenshot that some sub-reddit thinks it's their finest prank, and in that report yesterday they mention :"coincidence" and how Q is using that "magic power" to get people to buy into the theory - what I should really talk about is even though magic is real and come from a Good Place to take us there that doesn't mean it can't be misinterpretted or misused to mislead people.

But I'll talk more about all that bullshit later.

There is a natural Good Magic that is always wanting to "remind" us of the Good, Magical Future waiting for us - I should mention that Steven Pinker said something about like paricipatory progress, that there is evidence for progress but you have to participate, do things, to actualize that potential.

Its the same thing I'm saying about Oz - it does exist but you have to put yourself in it.

I want to "finish" this early and come back and really finish it all, and include whatever else comes up in the meantime, instead of "rushing" - it will be Imperfect perfect Synchro.

I just want to include one more thing, for now. Yesterday was the 50th anniversary of Ultimate Frisbee and they were talking to one of the guys who played the first game, or invented it. He said it came to him when he caught the frisbee on a leap and had "that moment of perfect synchro" - which is a phrase I DO like since bauhaus' "St. Vitus Dance" says "in perfect synchro" - but this report, this anniversay, half century, all coming from a moment of Perfect Synchro was an illustration of the Synchro I mean, here: Who knew it would become such a big sport, now recognized by the Olympics, considered for inclusion in them, and potentially even more worldwide? Could he have imagined, from that moment of Perfect Synchro?

No, he couldn't imagine - but all that future did come from that moment.

We love Synchro - the very Best athletes, and teams of athletes, are the ones who get into The Zone, who are feeling that Synchro most often - They have a future in the sport, they will be known to the future, go down in history. And we can feel it happening, feel the delight from it, even watching it on TV. I could go off on a tangent about Sport Heroes and how they have this Magic Power, and  a magic power over us, and how many of them are using it to do Good - because magic IS good, it draws us ALL together - but some folks can't accept it.

true power will win, thats the nature of magic and Goodness. Synchro is signs of that, for us - I'll get into the details later - thanks and have fun, Love, wish and art for the best! 

No comments:

Post a Comment