Monday, September 9, 2013

Gagablog 52: Artpop? Peacespell, Magical day, 9-9-13

How do I know this is an extra-magical day? I've just been expecting it since it is a cool date, 9-9. I know I'm not the only one who thinks of things this way, I honestly think we all do, in some ways, it's a natural human trait. Magical people think of it even more, that is, if you are more aware of thinking of special dates you are more inclined to get into or understand magic. I know Gaga plans things around the significance of dates, I don't know too many examples though I bet there are many – I seem to recall I had some chaos magicians staying with me around the time Born This Way came out, and it seems like it was released on 5-23, which they said was the most particular chaos date, the numbers 5 and 23, specifically. But I might not be remembering that right, I just don't want to bother checking. That Elie Goulding song is on the radio, which I really like...but why isn't it Applause? Denver!!.... I seem to recall that Artpop is scheduled to drop 11-11-13, another obvious magical date to anyone with eyes or that sort of thing. Oh, ha ha, I'm laughing at myself from a couple of years ago.... I guess I should explain, divulge, that I have only ever always been anticipating and trying to manifest a world-transforming change – that is what I have essentially been all about, all my life, since I was a kid anyway, which is why I almost immediately recognized Gaga as my “savior” - my example, and one I could hold up to the whole world, as the example that anyone could follow to help us all enter paradise, on earth. I would call her my own personal Jesus after that depeche mode song (and I do on youtube, google “youllis” and also check out my first song for her “Savior Mom” and others) and she is that personal, but also for everyone, obviously. Well, for everyone who can handle her, love her, accept her and the love of all people that she represents. What I want to say here is the world will change, it has been preparing for this transformation for years, decades, but there is a specific point, a specific date, at which it will magically transform: you could say it is “today” and maybe for you it is, in fact It most certainly IS “today”, because whatever day it occurs will be a “today” when it happens, just like every day is. While I am certain of the power of certain dates, just as we can look back on certain dates in history and say “everything changed” in some sense, at some point in time it is That Day. 11-11-13 will certainly be a day in which everything changes, in social, art, revolution sense, but it could also be that most magical day when everything changes in a whole new way. I think of the magical significance of that number 11, and 11-11, the significance so many people have felt when they see it on a digital clock, for instance, and I think it has some meaning in starseed lore or something. To me, I think of the Tarot, and how in so many images there are columns – like on the High Priestess card in the traditional Rider-Waite deck. These columns represent a gateway, a transformation. I want to avoid the longest ramble, again, in this gagablog, and I think I missed one of the main things I wanted to say in the last one, but maybe it fits better here. Um, monsters? Do you remember how it felt, how you felt, before Applause came out? The anticipation, the waiting? A while ago,, the longing of knowing it would be a while, imagining the seasons between yourself and the new Gaga songs? Even that is a good feeling, a special feeling. Another special feeling is the anticipation of a new release right before it comes out. Lana Del Rey's “Summertime Sadness” is on the radio again, and I'm glad to hear it, I can see why see is such a favorite among monsters I know on facebook, she has a sweet voice, it reminds me of The Smiths “There is a Light That Never Goes Out.” But why isn't it Applause? Oh, Denver, poor Denver – rich as can be in weed and mountains, so no complaints, but really, Denver? No “Applause”? And now they are calling “Headband” quote “brand new music”? Why? It makes me mad in a way that makes me laugh at myself – I am assuming they get plenty of requests for “Applause” but I'm really ready to hear it....for the First Time....on Denver Radio. There's like two big pop stations here, neither of them have ever played it as far as I can tell, I should check the play lists – but it's a race to be the first and it started like, 2 or three weeks ago or more? I mean, Really! Denver! And I changed and am hearing “cooler than me” - it's like everything Old is WAY older since it isn't Applause and everything new does not seem new since it is not Applause It makes me mad in a way that makes me laugh at myself and I just want to request it – but also look forward to one of these stations winning the race and being the coolest, but so far, no luck for them or me. My point is that it is special to be waiting for something like that, anticipating it, and as Gaga shows for all of her events and performances, the excitement leading up to it is incredible, it really is one of the most powerful and exciting feelings, the hours and moments leading up to whatever Gaga is about to do next, and then the power of experiencing her perform is infinitely greater than that, even, it makes you feel so overwhelmed and overcome and connected to that same feeling in other people, in people around the world – you can just feel the level of excitement and a place in it, and it is an amazing harmonious experience. You don't usually feel that overcome with excitement, I know I completely lose any composure I have when I even think about meeting Gaga, I don't even feel like a person anymore, much less like “myself”, but I feel the huge rush of energy and connection to others feeling the same way. It is like a psychedelic experience of getting beyond the personal ego, but without any of the possible scariness of feeling out of place, it feels completely natural to feel this way around Gaga, or watching her perform, even on youtube. We watched a video of her the other day and it will be the subject of my next gagablog – she gave us all chills. I'm sure it is a well-known performance, but we had never seen it before and it had the same effect on us that it did on Howard Stern, on everyone. Well, as special as it is to wait for something, sometimes that in itself is scary, sometimes the thing you are waiting for it not good. Rihanna's “Stay” is on, and I still debate if I should youtube my own, changed version – “stay away” - but this does take a scary turn, and before it does, I want to say how sweet it was that on Animal Crossing my lovely phone fortune hotline was “today your favorite artist will release a new song” on the day of Swinefest.... when I think how magical that is, Animal Crossing is so peaceful. The thing I never managed to say in the last Gagablogs, I don't think, was how important it is that Obama sent the decision to attack Syria to congress. I have been hoping and pondering what possible solution there could be for Syria ever since the protests began and the war started there, it has taken place in many of the latest gagablogs I've written, and of course I am focused on a magical solution – see my youtube video “Violence” a spell to end all violence. I guess the idea is that a change of heart can come from either side of a conflict and they can feel ashamed for resorting o violence and seek to make tings better. I know this can happen and I've been hoping, intending, writing, and working my magic to find some clever, surprising, peaceful end to this. And it may just be bigger than this, it may ultimately be a test for the UN to live up to its purpose and really change world dynamics. Because the truth is there are many who profit from America being the world's policeman, they make money from it or gain power by being able to influence America's military decisions and use it to their own advantage. If the UN can become the worlds policeman so that America does not “have to” so that America can stop acting like it, then things can get much better because “enforcement” won't be as likely subject to these certain forces. Haha , I want to brag about “figuring this out” to everyone in the house, we are all caring people and want an end to the tragedies in Syria and also want to avoid getting into some sort of World War 3, but what I was originally getting at is that this is a magical time before a “gateway”, just like waiting for Applause was a magical time before a gateway we passed through, into a whole new world, and waiting for 11-11-13 will be anther period before a gateway. “Get Lucky” is a pretty good song and I decided to finish typing this while it is on instead of going downstairs, on crutches, telling everyone what I'm thinking and possibly organizing the ideas better – it's a nice song, over now, and and old Ice Cube song is on, “Check yourself before you wreck yourself” - and it is good, too, but why aren't either of them Applause? My point is we are waiting on the “before” side of another magical gateway, the decision to attack Syria, supposedly taking place today or tomorrow, and waiting before the magical gateway of actually attacking Syria. I hope you can tell from the way I am typing this, from the way I am comparing these things, that “magical gateway” does not always mean a good thing, a positive future for going through that gate, and we don't have to go through certain major transformations, certain such gates. OK, going to pick up some weed, be right back to finish this. Well, I had a few more minutes, tried to finish this, and ended up erasing what I was saying...basically, everything, every event, is a magical gate, some bigger and more transformational than others. The best ones, the really good ones, like 11-11-13, art pop, we will certainly go through, altogether, a worldwide change, they are destiny, the best opportunity for the best change – and even these we all go through in our own ways, of course monsters will be the most affected by the release of Artpop but the whole world will feel the magical ripples of this glorious, wonderful event. A worse event, by contrast, is the horror of war. It is something we do not have to go through, despite forces that seem to be taking us that way. Since writing a “similar” paragraph to this, we were smoking the last bowl I had in anticipation of getting more (one “difference” in the original paragraph is I started with saying how nice it is to feel so reliable about the period before the magical gateway of getting more weed, when you really expect it will happen, as we do now in CO since it is legal, and sometimes caused anxiety when it wasn't, and especially in GA where they were always more oppressive about it. ) and I learned that the congress voted against military action. I can't claim I knew this, but it fits in with the plan I was just discovering, how Obama has used their hatred of him, be it racist or ideological or paid-for by companies whose interests he threatens, but he is using their hatred against them. Getting republicans to vote against war? That is quite a trick! And if it looks morally week on their part and morally strong for Obama to come out the way he did, well that is appropriate. I'm not saying the Syrian people should be sacrificed to make a point in American politics. The problem is that America formed the mujaheddin in Afghanistan to fight Russian occupation there when the Soviet Union invaded there, and American money armed the resistance - there's a movie about it, Charlie Williams War or something - and also fostered this violent, terrorist aberration of “Islam”. Having done that, and so many other things, we are faced with repercussions of that, the continuation of those same evil forces. But if we can't own up to how our own process, our own flaws as a nation, created so many of these problems in the first place, if we continue to fight and deny responsibility and just try to destroy the ones who have been affected by our mistakes – it's like we treat the whole world like Bush treated New Orleans in hurricane Katrina – put everyone in a superdome and if they die there will be no one to complain. What kind of attitude it that? We need to take responsibility and get as many people involved to take the most responsible action. I hope that this was all skillful means by Obama, he used the right-wing being so outraged at everything he did, and the media's appetite for outrage, to pull a trick on us. Now, this won't really be true if, now that the vote is through, Obama wants to “flex his muscles” and go through with a strike, just to show what the fuck he can do and end war in Syria, but maybe start it in other places. But I just had the insight, before knowing how the congress voted, that he was planning on a “no” vote, that he was planning on looking like the one out for war, just to keep the republicans divided and have the moral high ground, but he does not truly believe that it should be up to America to act unilaterally in these situations – and even though that is the threat, that he can go through with a strike whether approved or not, he is using that as a way to keep pressure until the UN can act, and in the meantime if the Assad regime is emboldened, it only makes more evidence against them internationally. I do believe they will be completely isolated if we don't attack, I also suspect that other reports could be true, that is is a rebel faction that mishandled a chemical weapon, as AL Jazeera and others have reported, or I suspect they were attacked and it went off, and that is why America has evidence of rockets going to the area. But in the usual rush to war, the details can't come out. It may turn out that Assad used the chemical weapons and we can actually galvanize all international pressure, once proven, to end the atrocity and also end anyone elses capacity to do that or similar acts. It is too bad that, if that is the solution, it is taking so long and seems like it will take even longer, but if it does and we finally get it right, and get the UN working right, then we can work on being able to do it faster and more responsively in the future, once we believe it can actually be done. I am truly hoping that Obama is tricking everyone and is not about to order a strike on his own, but will be glad to look like the “wavering clown” who can't make a conclusive decision if that draws the attention to him, while the whole process allows a new solution for war to actually be used, I supposed for one of the first times. Once we believe in the UN, in its ability to act justly and in its power to actually do what needs to be done, I'm sure we will find ways to fix other problems there. The beautiful trick of Obama is that the people who profit from war always want war, it is their business, but in this case he could be setting the precedent to allow the UN to take over, just as he is setting the precedent for government to make decisions together and have checks and balances on what is often controlled by military and corporations, or wealthy, shady individuals. I truly think Obama has a respect for the constitution that, while he knows the presidency has developed the power to have its own wars without the congress declaring them, he is trying to restore the spirit of democratic government where the people have more control over such important issues. This is especially important after we were misled into such awful war by Bush, but that was only the extreme of a terrible trend that had been developing for decades. Obama's decision could open a new pathway for us, one that considers peace again and again before resorting to war. I don't think Obama loses any power by holding attacks as a threat instead of actually carrying them out – even as I write that, my friend came upstairs with the news that Putin made the deal that if Syria hands over all chemical weapons there won't be an attack, and Obama has agreed to this. Still waiting for Assad's response, that next magical gateway all on this same magical day, but I am hoping he has the best response and agrees and we move towards peaceful resolution, especially after taking that option off the table. Assad himself seemed to imply that the only threat of chemical weapons being used is if they were stolen – but why have them at all if you are too civilized to use them? Just so no one else will want anyone bad enough to use them to unthrone you? That does not make any sense, but the same logic ultimately applies to any kind of weapon, chemical or not – why have them? If the only reason to have a weapon is expecting to use it, aren't you avoiding the chance to come up with non-violent alternatives, especially when you consider that the time you consider using violence is when you are threatened and aren't thinking well – a girl here in CO was shot by her friend, and killed, when she jumped out of a closet to surprise him as a joke. Why did he even have a gun? There aren't even many robberies in CO, hardly. But when surprised, he killed her, It was an accident, but one that didn't need to happen. Let's hope that an attack on Syria is not an accident that does not need to happen, or if it is that we can avoid it! That is the beauty of finding any way to contemplate violence before doing it, because ultimately violence is never the answer. If the Assad regime had used the threat of its military power, instead of actually using it, against protest, it would have some legitimacy, but it lost it by killing people. We can be the “bigger” party and look for a better solution than violence. I think Obama may have played this cleverly, a real genius ploy, to take on the mantle of War in order to make people question war who never usually do, to let the congress take power back it used to have but has lost, but ultimately to empower the American people to feel like they have influence. How does that work? We see all the polls, and hear analysis of it, but public opinion does not actually decide things, just influences them. Having all the discussion and debate about Syria, and having the traditional threat of military response but now with the public suspicious and weary of war, and congress split for once along non-partisan lines, we have a very unique opportunity for debate that makes everyone feel more empowered. It is very different than the Bush wars, by either Bush, or even the many times Clinton used the military, when we were basically just told how it was all going to go down. I really think this is the gateway that will lead to more citizen involvement and community decisions, including the world community coming together for the best good of all. I think this is being proven by Russia showing a path that all should be able to agree upon, while all along we have been calling them, or they have been, the main power opposing action against Syria. But this proves my point that we can have trust in human nature, in the Syrian people to form a better government and for other governments to act in accord with growing sense of global community and responsibility. Another magical thing about today is protests that were held worldwide to send a message to Russia to change their homophobic laws, or was that yesterday? But you can see how from all sides we are coming together in more and more ways and being responsible to each other. It is wonderful, if sad, that we are learning to work together in the face of the use of terrible weapons, when really we need to be able to work together to address the global issue of climate change and would have needed to do this even if we had ended war before. But the truth is we can end war, all war, and from then on we can stop military spending and pursuits and use our money and ingenuity toward better, more adventurous and beneficial ends. I'm hoping Obama's handling of Syria has managed to kick this new dynamic of working together into action, with consensus and taking all opinions into account. I'm hoping that it will lead to a world of peace, ultimately, as I have been predicting throughout this blog – the way we solve Syria can be the way we realize we can end all war. It is a major transformation, and will take a little time, but we may find we have much speedier progress than we ever imagined, once we finally start going in a completely non-warlike direction and see how good that can make thing, how much progress we have and happiness we achieve. So I was glad to see Gaga's performance of Applause from the VMAs since I missed them then watch Kerry say that we were going to continue seeking diplomatic solutions, and get the people involved, at te same time that he was making the strongest case for war. I don't think Obama “left him out there” as pundits suggest, I think he filled that role so Obama would not have to seem hawkish, which is the right way to be. I also don't think there is any merit to the idea that Obama's credibility is challenged by not striking immediately, or by asking congress to vote, because this is based on the idea that when he said “red line” he meant “you use chemical weapons and we will attack.” In fact, if you listen to what Obama said, he was saying that he was not considering military force but if chemical weapons were used it would be crossing a red line that would “change his calculus”, meaning change what he was considering. It does not force him to act a certain way, just says the options change if those weapons are used. Anyone who suggests Obama has to make good on a threat or something to save credibility are just mistaken and have some issue or are caught up in that bully mentality of might makes right. Gaga shows us and tells us that right makes right- “I don't need these 14k guns to win I’m a woman I insist its my right” I’m so glad she is here, doing such wonderful art, and it gives me such hope for the future, for what we are all becoming, and it is such a wonderful example I want to follow to do my part to get us there. I'm so respectful and appreciative of leaders who are strong enough to change things and make things happen without force. Syria will always go down as a great tragedy but maybe as the last great self-inflicted tragedy of humanity and maybe the silver lining is we can learn a way to continue to work together to solve all the worlds problems and then advance into a glorious future as united humanity. Like when Gaga was at the bottom and only had her denim jacket and bedazzler, and she had to learn to trust herself; we really seem, hopefully “seemed” now that this magical day has provided a break and change of course, on the verge of potential catastrophe. If we came back from the brink of that, but it required some powerful moments where people really considered and decided to trust some other people to do the right thing, well, like Gaga realizing she had to trust in herself, and the power it gave her to teach us all how to believe in ourselves, this belief in people, in ourselves and in others, is what will save the world. And I'm really glad to see the transformation taking place, even if it has seemed scary at times. Now I'm going to end this and smoke a bowl of this wonderful Grape Ape weed I just got more of, with all my magic and intention for a peaceful solution in Syria, for Assad to turn over all chemical weapons and set the standard for the world to take these, and eventually all weapons, out of the picture. I' so excited for Artpop, for the music, the way Gaga presents it, and for the cultural revolution it will enact and the magical transformation it will accomplish, and I'm also very pleased for the pathway to peace that will be coinciding with it, hopefully. She just said the new jar smells so good it smells like Holy Elixir so I guess its time to start it.

No comments:

Post a Comment